The Old Geelong Football Club was formed in early 1954 as the Old Geelong Grammarians Football Club, playing its first game in the Victorian Amateur Football Association's newly created E Section on 24 April of that year. It enjoyed early success as runners-up in 1955, and Premierships in D and C Sections in 1956 and 1957 respectively. In its inaugural year it used a ground at Yarra Park, and then moved to the small St.Kevins No 2 ground for seasons 1955, 1956, and 1957. In 1958 it transferred to a larger ground in Burnley, and after a couple of years there, it was fortunate to secure the use of Como Park, South Yarra, where it has been based ever since. This year the OGS will celebrate 50 continuous years at Como Park.
More on The Club: